16 February 2010

New Lunch Bag

I made my own lunch bag almost 2 years ago. It was amazing and cute. The only problem was that I didn't have much foresight and made it out of white and pink fabric. Now, the inside and outside bottom panels were both made from a cute pink and white oil cloth. But the rest of the bag just got gross after 2 years of spills. I washed and washed and washed the thing. No luck.


The other day I was out at Fancy Tiger Crafts. Man, that place is dangerous. I'll take one of everything! Thanks! But I found this amazing laminated fabric. I don't know if you've seen laminated fabric, but it's what the cheap oil cloth is supposed to be. I love this stuff. I also realized that making the entire bag out of the laminated fabric should solve my stain woes. So far, it has.

I've been using the bag for about 2 weeks now. It really encourages me to pack a healthy lunch each day. I love pulling out my cute new bag and putting food in it. It just makes me happy. It's so bright and cheerful and makes me think of spring. It's just what I needed in my life right about now.


1 comment:

Joy Archer said...

Super bag, Sara. I've been making purses lately just because there's a new fabric store here that sells uber-cool fabrics. A girl can't have too many bags.